Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Hazards of Modern Pharmacology -- 11/06/11

The crudities of science on display.
Ricky can be so easily fooled. Last night in his home, from my spot on the couch, I did witness the “ghost” materialize from the bedroom, bumping into furniture with reckless abandon on its way to the kitchen. Turns out Ricky had been sleepwalking. Seems those Ambien pills he's been taking to help him sleep work a little too well. Modern pharmacology remains helpless to a splash of cold water in the face.

Once I explained the reason for his troubles, Ricky was more than happy to assist in my hunt for Aunt Abigail. Ricky has connections throughout the city through his uncle, who serves on the city council. Perhaps with his resources I'll have better luck. Ricky has suggested I search the local retirement communities, just to be sure. I laughed in response. Aunt Abby wouldn't be caught dead in one of those places! Looking back, I feel a chill at my poor choice of words.

1 comment:

  1. I hope for your Aunt's sake that her soul has already been saved.

    ReplyDelete